The Development Coordinator will report to and work closely with UNITE-LA's Associate Director, Development to ensure accurate and timely processing of gifts and acknowledgements, manage data entry, data updates and imports, and reporting of information using our CRM database (Salesforce). The position will also provide administrative support to UNITE-LA’s Development Team in the planning, coordination, and tracking of grant reports/submittals; execution of donor, funder, and sponsor acknowledgments and communications; and sponsorship campaigns to expand philanthropic support.
Established in 1998, UNITE-LA works across systems, sectors, and institutions to build meaningful partnerships and broker impactful solutions for the most pressing education and workforce issues facing today's youth. We engage strategic partners, promote shared leadership, and employ networked approaches to create collaboratives for systemic transformation and more equitable opportunities, outcomes, and advantages for prioritized populations. Through integrated programming, policy, and systems change efforts, UNITE-LA helps improve early childhood education, increase college access and success, develop more fluid career pathways, and ensure workforce readiness. To date, we have served more than 500,000 youth in Greater Los Angeles.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Donor Database/CRM Management
- Manage and maintain CRM database including responsibility for data entry, gift processing, integrations with UNITE-LA cost centers, data clean-up and records updates, and reporting.
- Coordinate monthly gifts reconciliation with Development Team and assist in the development of other monthly reports; manage donor/funder/sponsor records for improved segmentation.
- Support regularly scheduled CRM database cleaning and updating of CRM policies and procedures.
Individual Donor Cultivation & Stewardship
- Support the timely preparation of donor, funder, sponsor, and partner related correspondences, thank you letters, and follow-up communications as needed.
- Ensure timely and personable acknowledgement processes for all types of giving at all levels.
- Assist with Sponsorship program and help cultivate gifts through our online giving tool.
- Assist with identifying, soliciting, and tracking donations and in-kind gifts.
- Assist Development and Marketing and Communications Teams with creation and execution of fundraising communications including solicitations and other marketing collateral/content.
- Support Development Team with fundraising campaigns and collaterals.
- Work closely with UNITE-LA's Development and Marketing & Communications Teams to develop compelling fundraising messaging.
- Assist Associate Director, Development in assigning tasks, monitoring progress towards deadlines, and consulting with other staff as needed.
Other Development Support
- Assist in managing digital Development files and documents though various databases and programs (e.g., Sharepoint, Google, MS Office); help manage and prioritize flow of information.
- Support preparation of grant applications including collecting and managing grant attachments.
- Provide administrative support to the Development Team by scheduling regular meetings, co-preparing agendas, gathering/distributing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, some college, or college degree preferred. 5+ years of fundraising experience accepted in lieu of postsecondary education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit development and fundraising required.
- At least two years of fundraising/development experience (paid or unpaid) required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Advanced experience managing data entry and report generation with a CRM or donor database system.
- Demonstrated experience in donor support and/or support within a nonprofit setting.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and proficiency with computer applications including MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and other web-based applications.
- Highly organized, responsive, flexible; follow detail-oriented processes with great accuracy.
- Strong written and oral communications skills with internal staff, external partners, donors, funders, corporate sponsors, and volunteers.
- Responsive with great follow-through skills and ability to build trust and maintain constructive relationships across organizational boundaries and work effectively as part of a team.
- Agility to work independently across multiple, simultaneous projects and meet deadlines with attention to detail.
- Ability to promote a culture of respect, inclusiveness, and appreciation of diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and values.
- Knowledge of and passion for education and workforce development services.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
**Any satisfactory combination of experience, training and/or education which ensures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above qualifications.
Compensation: This is a full time, non-exempt position, with an annualized salary of approximately $44,000 - $50,000. Our competitive benefits package includes paid sick leave, vacation, and work-life harmony time, in addition to a robust paid holiday schedule; 401(k) participation with employer contribution; competitive health, vision and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, and more. UNITE-LA promotes and embraces and values a culture of work-life harmony with flexible schedules and offers employee growth development plans to support pathways forward.
UNITE-LA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to developing and sustaining a diverse workforce, because we believe that it makes our organization stronger. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include Development Coordinator in the subject line of the email.