The Junior Accountant reports to the Senior Director, Accounting and is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position with full benefits including paid sick leave, vacation, 401(k) participation, health, vision and dental.
Over the past 20 years, UNITE-LA has established itself as a trusted business intermediary, dedicated to supporting the development of an effective local public education system, so that ALL children and youth succeed in college, career and beyond. Through the intersection of programming, policy, and systems change efforts, UNITE-LA works to increase access to high-quality early childhood education, develop career pathways in high-growth industries, improve college access and success, and ensure workforce readiness, especially for individuals with high barriers into the workforce.
- Run general ledger monthly, review and pass on to accounting director. Must be comfortable with dual-entry general ledger posting in QuickBooks.
- Review, process, gather and compile accounting transaction and documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance. Review and enter all accounts payable with high attention to detail and accuracy, as well as maintain accounts payable schedules. Cost allocate and post monthly insurance and credit card bills upon receipt. Prepare and post bi-weekly payroll journal entries.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts in QuickBooks, including credit cards, checking and savings accounts.
- Manage and coordinate monthly accrual for all invoicing related to government service contracts. Understanding the program budgets and how the contracts are administered.
- Create detailed tracking reports for all grants
- Other clerical accounting assignments and assist the Accounting Director in the preparation of basic management information reports
- Allocate the bi-weekly 401k contributions
- Demonstrate a commitment to the UNITE-LA mission in all work produced.
- Minimum Associates degree in accounting.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in accounting
- Experience and confidence in QuickBooks: general ledger entries, posting AR, posting payments, making deposits, and reconciliation modules including reconciling monthly benefit accounts.
- Experience with invoicing government grants.
- High degree of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High level of confidentiality and ethical practice.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and be a team player.
- Willingness and eagerness to learn and grow – an ambition in the field of accounting and finance.
Junior Accountant is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting salary range is $48,000-$55,000, commensurate upon experience. Our competitive benefits package includes paid sick leave, vacation, 401(k) participation, health, vision and dental.
UNITE-LA is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include Junior Accountant in the subject line of the email.