The Manager, Innovation and Technology Initiatives is a member of UNITE-LA’s workforce development programs team. This position will help lead the organization's STEAM initiatives and manage programming to promote quality cradle to career, STEAM education and regional talent development. The Manager, Innovation and Technology Initiatives will also support the team in cultivation of industry partnerships in high-growth, high-demand innovative professions and will work closely with both public and private sector partners for implementation.
Since 1998, UNITE-LA has established itself as a trusted business intermediary, dedicated to supporting the development of an effective local public education system, so that ALL children and youth succeed in college, career and beyond. Through the intersection of programs, policy, and systems change efforts, UNITE-LA works to increase access to high-quality early childhood education, develop career pathways in high growth industries, improve college access and success, and ensure workforce readiness, especially for individuals with high barriers into the workforce. UNITE-LA is committed to developing and sustaining a diverse workforce with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive for all, and is currently engaged in organization-wide efforts to fully integrate equity and anti-racism into our operations, practices, and work.
- Lead the development and implementation of work-based learning programming for STEAM-focused career pathways, including career speakers, job shadows, internships and jobs
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders in STEAM representing both the private and public sectors
- Provide industry engagement and develop industry partnerships to support innovative, STEAM-focused career pathways
- Support outreach and marketing and communications related to STEAM education and career pathways programming
- Support the development of funding and development initiatives, including grant writing and reporting to support STEAM programming
- Maintain databases and program records for STEAM education programming
- Support the scheduling, organization and implementation of meetings and events
- Provide support to the full Workforce Development Programs Team as needed
- Produce high caliber, professional style memorandums and written correspondence
- Produce professional summary reports of meetings and events
- Serve as support personnel on special projects and events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required (an additional four years of experience may be substituted for this requirement)
- Minimum two years related work experience
- Demonstrated interest and background in education and workforce development
- Knowledge of local and state education landscape, including secondary and postsecondary education STEAM initiatives
- Experience and demonstrated outcomes working with the STEAM industry
- Experience working with diverse groups of partners and stakeholders of various levels
- Experience with planning and managing meetings and events
- Experience work with education, community partners and key stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills, as well as written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to produce a large quantity of work at high quality
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and be a team player
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented and reliable business professional
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database technologies
Compensation: $55,000 - $65,000, salary commensurate with experience. The Manager, Innovation and Technology Initiatives is a full-time position with benefits. Our competitive benefits package includes paid sick leave, vacation, work-life harmony time, paid holidays, employer 401(k) contribution, health, vision and dental, flexible spending accounts, and more. UNITE-LA promotes, embraces and values a culture of work-life harmony with flexible schedules and offers employee growth development plans to support pathways forward.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] using the email subject line "Manager, Innovation and Technology Initiatives."
UNITE-LA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to developing and sustaining a diverse workforce, because we believe that it makes our organization stronger. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.