The Senior Coordinator of Programs functions within UNITE-LA's Programs Team and reports to the Senior Manager, Business Services on the Employer Engagement Team. The position will be responsible for the coordination of the following key areas of work:
Partnership Engagement/Intermediary Functions: provide leadership to help define program goals and strategies; provide outreach and coordination of business and employer companies; work with targeted companies to identify needs, competencies and the desired attributes of its future workforce; ensure these needs are clearly and regularly communicated to our educational partners; help align current educational programming across systems (K12, Community College, WIOA, and 4-year institutions) to develop clearly defined and articulated pathways; work with targeted companies to provide internships and employment opportunities; and assist and engage employer partners with curriculum development and program design.
Program Coordination: organize meetings, events and programs; produces summary reports of meetings and events; track roles and responsibilities; maintain databases and contact records; coordinate website updates and creation of marketing materials; set and meet project priorities and deadlines.
Event Planning: provide support for designated employer programming and events including, but not limited to, logistical and operational support; event and meeting correspondence; program organization, coordination, and implementation; produce high caliber professional style memorandums, written correspondence, meeting minutes, and marketing copy.
Employer Outreach: assist with business recruitment, and serve as a business services liaison. Will be responsible for business engagement, coordinating, attending and executing recruitment events, job fairs and employer engagement events.
The ideal candidate enjoys working collaboratively and extensively with a diverse group of team members and stakeholders, is effective at outreach and relationship-building within the community, highly organized, deadline-driven, solution-oriented, flexible and demonstrates a strong commitment to education and economic equity.
Over the past 25 years, UNITE-LA has established itself as a trusted education and business intermediary, dedicated to supporting the development of an effective local public education system, so that ALL children and youth succeed in college, career and beyond. Through the intersection of programming, policy, and systems change efforts, UNITE-LA works to increase access to high-quality early childhood education, develop career pathways in high-growth industries, improve college access and success, and ensure workforce readiness, especially for individuals with high barriers into the workforce.
Duties of Position
- Cultivate relationships with various stakeholders, including employers, education institutions, and other youth workforce development systems partners.
- Engage employers to develop paid work experience for youth in STEAM (Internships, Part-time/Full-time employment)
- Stimulate industry/employer volunteer recruitment to support various workforce development programs.
- Schedule meetings and lead conversations with various stakeholders
- Identify and work with DEI& A industry leaders and workforce groups
- Provide programmatic support with the development and implementation of work-based learning (WBL) programming for STEAM- focused career pathways, including facilitating WBL sessions, securing career speakers, job shadow opportunities, internships and jobs
- Support outreach, marketing and communications needs related to STEAM education and career pathways
- Provide support on grant applications and reports related to youth and employer engagement and program outcomes
- Support UNITE-LA's signature programs, events and projects, which occasionally require evening or weekend hours
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders in positive relationships to support students' professional development and successful job placements
- Desire to work with partners in the community, particularly in the K-16 system
- Associate degree with 4 years relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant work experience OR 6+ years relevant work experience in education or workforce development Relevant successful project management work experience
- Highly motivated and organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to support multiple team members in a collaborative fashion
- Ability to prioritize work across multiple projects while maintaining quality of work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work well and on-task independently and function seamlessly as a part of a team with high sense of personal accountability
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, project management tools and proficiency with digital platforms
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting rate of $25.50-$28.75.00 per hour, commensurate with experience. Our competitive benefits package includes paid sick leave, vacation, and work-life harmony time, in addition to a robust paid holiday schedule; 401(k) participation with employer contribution; competitive health, vision and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, and more. UNITE-LA promotes a culture of work-life harmony with flexible schedules and offers employee growth development plans to support pathways forward.
This position is based in Los Angeles, CA. While many staff continue to regularly work remotely, attendance at our downtown Los Angeles office or at community events in the L.A. region should be expected a few times a month. Occasional travel is required for in-state and out-of-state conferences. At this time, UNITE-LA is requiring all staff who represent the organization in-person (whether in the office, at off-site meetings, or for travel) to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster if eligible, or to present a valid religious or medical exemption to Human Resources.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter summarizing your qualifications for the position to [email protected] using the email subject line "Senior Coordinator, Programs." Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
UNITE-LA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to developing and sustaining a diverse workforce, because we believe that it makes our organization stronger. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.