Education Business Coalitions
Over the past 20 years, UNITE-LA has established itself as a trusted business intermediary, dedicated to supporting the development of an effective local public education system, so that ALL children and youth succeed in college, career and beyond. Through the intersection of programming, policy, and systems change efforts, UNITE-LA works to increase access to high-quality early childhood education, develop career pathways in high-growth industries, improve college access and success, and ensure workforce readiness, especially for individuals with high barriers into the workforce.
The Senior Manager, Education Business Coalitions is an L.A.-based part of UNITE-LA’s bicoastal team in formal (MOU) partnership with the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) and reports to UNITE-LA’s Senior Vice President. This position will serve as the project manager for our national portfolio of work while also executing deliverables, support the roll out and growth of ACCE’s new technology, and provide marketing and communications leadership for grant products. The ideal candidate enjoys organizing teams, executing projects, building relationships; is highly organized, deadline-driven, flexible and demonstrates a strong commitment to education and talent development transformation. It is a full-time, exempt (salary) position with full benefits, including paid sick leave, vacation, 401(k) participation, health, vision and dental.
• Serves as the project manager for national portfolio of work
• Tracks grant deliverables via Asana
• Facilitates regular bicoastal team meetings as well as individual team calls
• Works with UNITE-LA’s development team and the bicoastal team to support grant requests (e.g., develop scope of proposed work)
• Works with UNITE-LA’s development team and the ACCE Foundation team to curate information for grant reports
• Initiates interim communications with current grant program officers to share updates, invite to ACCE events as appropriate, and continue relationship cultivation
• Executes deliverables for a specified portfolio of national work
• Supports the roll out and growth of ACCE’s new technology (e.g., CRM, website, LMS)
• Provides marketing and communications leadership for grant products (e.g., briefs, toolkits)
• Supports all-hands-on-deck UNITE-LA and ACCE special projects and events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum four years relevant work experience.
• Experience working with a business organization or education and community stakeholders is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to organize teams and projects.
• Demonstrated ability to execute projects on deadline.
• Marketing and communications experience required.
• Experience with CRM systems and website content management preferred.
• Highly motivated and organized with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work well independently and as a part of a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to manage and produce a large quantity of work at high quality.
Salary Range: Commensurate based on experience.
UNITE-LA is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include Senior Manager - Education Business Coalitions in the subject line of the email