UNITE-LA is committed to addressing critical health care workforce shortages to ensure a thriving regional economy.
We're working with L.A.'s health care employers to create a diverse talent pipeline. By forging business and education partnerships, though work-based learning opportunities, UNITE-LA seeks to increase the relevance of curriculum and further engage students through career awareness, career exploration and career preparation. UNITE-LA seeks to integrate core academics with workplace opportunities in high-demand, high-opportunity 21st century jobs, like the health care industry.
- Guest speakers
- Worksite tours
- Career fairs
- Peer-to-peer learning exchanges
- Collaborative capstone projects
Partner schools include:
- Bravo Medical Magnet High School - Patient Care and Biotech Pathways
- Huntington Park Institute for Applied Medicine (HPIAM) at Linda Esperanza Marquez High School
- Roosevelt High School Medical and Health Sciences
- Orthopaedic Hospital Medical Magnet High School
Contact Brittany Mejia at [email protected] for more information.