UNITE-LA is partnering with the Los Angeles Regional Consortium (LARC) to ensure employers have access to skilled workforce that is representative of local, diverse talent, and that talent from underserved communities – particularly those who experience systemic barriers to living-wage career pathways – have access to high-demand, living-wage careers. To do so, UNITE-LA works with L.A.'s top employers in health care and tech to develop and sustain strong partnerships with L.A.'s 19 community colleges.
UNITE-LA does this by:
- Engaging industry employers in providing work-based learning, including paid work experience, to students – thereby increasing their engagement and investment in community college training programs and introducing them to this talent pool; and
- Working with colleges to facilitate student participation in work-based learning opportunities provided by industry employers and professionals.
The LARC Partnership is supported and sponsored by the Carl D. Perkins 1B Grant.
Our Health Care Pathway and Tech Pathway programming:
Has engaged 175+ employers to provide 2,800+ students with work-based learning opportunities, including 200+ internships annually
Will secure 10-15 health care jobs and 10-15 tech jobs for students by June 30, 2022
Support Our Efforts:
Employers working in the health care and tech industry can support our efforts to ensure community college students secure employment opportunities in high-demand, living-wage careers in health care and tech. We look for employers to:
- Volunteer their time by engaging with our students in work-based learning opportunities, including as guest speakers and career panelists and through virtual worksite tours, soft-skills training, mock interviews and resume-building; and
- Provide employment opportunities to highly skilled and licensed community college graduates.
- Los Angeles Community College District
- Cerritos College
- Citrus College
- Compton College
- East Los Angeles College
- El Camino College
- Glendale Community College
- L.A. City College
- L.A. Harbor College
- L.A. Mission College
- L.A. Pierce College
- L.A. Southwest College
- L.A. Trade-Technical College
- L.A. Valley College
- Long Beach City College
- Mt. San Antonio College
- Pasadena City College
- Rio Hondo College
- Santa Monica College
- West Los Angeles College
Health Care Partners:
- Kaiser Permanente
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Dignity Health
- UCLA Health
- County of Los Angeles Public Health
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Medica Talent Group
- Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County
- Snap Inc.
- Cornerstone OnDemand
Contact Brittany Mejia at [email protected] for more information.