The UNITE-LA Tech Pathway recognizes that talent is equally distributed, but opportunity is not.
We work to bridge this gap by working with industry, educational institutions, community-based organizations and the City of Los Angeles to connect underserved talent to careers in technology. We work with more than 40 of L.A.’s top tech employers to connect diverse, traditionally underrepresented high school and community college students to work-based learning opportunities (company tours, classroom guest speakers, immersive workshops), internships and job placements.
The Tech Pathway program works to connect students to high-growth careers in technology through:
- Guest speakers
- Paid-work experience
- Internships (part-time/full-time)
- Entry-level jobs
Last year, we engaged:
2,872 individuals in work-based learning activities
152 individuals in a variety of paid work placements
- If you are a career seeker looking to get into the tech industry you can join our student portal here.
Thank you to our funders and sponsors:
- Pritzker Foundation
- Parsons Foundation
- Birmingham Community Charter High School
- The Office of L.A. County Supervisor Holly J. Mitchell
- L.A. County Office of Diversion and Re-Entry
Thank you to our partners and supporters:
- Los Angeles Community College District
- L.A. County Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services
Contact Krisia Barrera at [email protected] for more information.