Administrative Assistant, Tech Pathways is a part of UNITE-LA’s joint venture with LA-Tech.org and reports to Manager, Tech Pathways. This position will be primarily focused on assisting in coordination of all student facing Tech Pathways programming, including virtual and in person work based learning opportunities, our student ambassador program and internship/work placements. The ideal candidate enjoys working with students and is passionate about assisting their community. It is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position with full benefits, including paid sick leave, vacation, 401(k) participation, health, vision and dental.
Over the past 20 years, UNITE-LA has established itself as a trusted business intermediary, dedicated to supporting the development of an effective local public education system, so that ALL children and youth succeed in college, career and beyond. Through the intersection of programming, policy, and systems change efforts, UNITE-LA works to increase access to high-quality early childhood education, develop career pathways in high-growth industries, improve college access and success, and ensure workforce readiness, especially for individuals with high barriers into the workforce.
As Tech Pathways Administrative Assistant, you will:
- Utilize our student relationship management tools Guided Compass & Vidcruiter to manage students involved in Tech Pathways programming.
- Assist program team in management of internship program pipeline including: internship program application outreach, coordination of mock interviews, vetting of student qualifications/interests and matching students to the proper internship opportunities.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all students in the program, field any student inquiries. Assist in management of our student ambassadors, who are placed on several Community College campuses every semester.
- Assist in Tech Pathways work based learning programming including; leading outreach to students and community partners, managing registrations and coordinating with partners to plan event details.
- Help manage program data and documents, ensuring that all shared drives are up to date for other UNITE-LA team members to access.
- Assist with program data management including; development of program reports and drafting and collecting of student survey data.
Your Qualifications are:
- At least 1 year of experience working closely with high school or post-secondary students
- An intermediate understanding of the education landscape of the Los Angeles Region
- Proficient in use of technology tools, previous experience with Customer Relation or Applicant Management tools is a plus
- Empathetic and people oriented
- Organized and detail oriented
- Passionate about bettering the education and workforce outcomes of underserved communities here in the Los Angeles Region
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Salary Range: Commensurate based on experience.
UNITE-LA is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Jaideep Upadhyay at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Administrative Assistant, Tech Pathways in the subject line of the email.