The Manager of Education Business Coalitions is passionate about engaging businesses and business organizations in issues related to education and talent development. This position is focused on supporting UNITE-LA's Strategic Partnership team to advance the organizational mission through strategically cultivating and executing cross-sector partnerships across the country. The position would be primarily dedicated to supporting UNITE-LA's partnership with the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) Foundation. ACCE is the professional society supporting and promoting chambers of commerce and similar private sector funded business and economic development organizations across the U.S. and around the world. ACCE's mission is to support and develop chamber professionals to lead businesses and their communities. Their membership includes more than 1,600 member organizations. UNITE-LA supports ACCE Foundation's Education and Talent Development Division which supports chambers interested in advancing education and workforce eﬀorts in their communities by providing them with informational resources, trend spotting, professional development, original thought leadership, and access to a network of community leaders. More information at: www.acce.org.
Reports to: Senior Director, Education Business Coalitions
Direct Reports: None
Over the past 25 years, UNITE-LA has established itself as a trusted education and business intermediary, dedicated to improving the economic mobility and well-being of the region's diverse rising workforce. Leveraging strategic cross-sector partnerships at local, statewide, and national levels, we advance policies, practices and systems that strengthen anti-racism and equitable education and workforce outcomes from cradle through career.
- General Project Management:
- Maintain organization of grant documents and supporting information.
- Reﬁning and developing organization processes and templates as needed.
- Track status of all grant deliverables in Asana.
- Communicate at weekly team meetings priority deliverables, broader programmatic growth, and ACCE member communications.
- Program Development:
- Support development/creation of programmatic elements (e.g., webinars, toolkits, etc.).
- Facilitate outreach, coordination, and follow-up for peer roundtable convenings.
- Monitor current trends and communities of practice relating to education and talent development initiatives.
- Work with development team to support grant requests (e.g., develop scope of proposed work).
- Lead curation of information for grant reports.
- Develop interim communications for team members to share updates with current grant program oﬃcers, invite to ACCE events as appropriate, and continue relationship cultivation.
- Reporting: Newsletters, grant reports, internal weekly updates, internal weekly check-ins
- Social Media: LinkedIn
- Support all-hands-on-deck UNITE-LA and ACCE special projects and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills for Success
This position requires the following skills or competencies:
- Multi-project management: Experience managing processes and tasks for several simultaneous projects on time and within budget.
- Attention to detail: Produces thorough and accurate work when accomplishing a task.
- Customer service: Interacts with internal and external customers in a way that provides accurate, timely, professional, and eﬀective information and service.
- Problem solving: Identiﬁes problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Collaboration: Works eﬀectively with a wide variety of people and can adapt to diﬀerent ways of working to achieve desired outcomes.
- Written and verbal communication: Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly and eﬀectively for the appropriate audiences (e.g. funders, business community, etc.).
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Fonteva, Salesforce or other CRM: Maintains accurate and timely event, speaker and registration records
- Asana or other project management technologies
Salary Range: The beginning salary range for this position is $60,000-$70,000, commensurate based on experience. Our competitive beneﬁts package includes paid sick leave, vacation, and work-life harmony time, in addition to a robust paid holiday schedule; 401(k) participation with employer contribution; competitive health, vision and dental insurance, ﬂexible spending accounts, and more. UNITE-LA promotes a culture of work-life harmony with ﬂexible schedules and oﬀers employee growth development plans to support career pathway development.
Job Location: This position can be performed from anywhere in the United States and is eligible for full-time remote work. Our team works both at our Los Angeles, CA headquarters as well as remotely from preferred locations (Illinois, New York, and Texas). Preference will be given to candidates residing in these preferred locations. Some travel (approximately 3 – 5 times per year) will be required for this position.
Application: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include Manager, Education Business Coalitions in the subject line of the email.
UNITE-LA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to developing and sustaining a diverse workforce, because we believe that it makes our organization stronger. All qualiﬁed applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. We will consider for employment all qualiﬁed applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.